Monday, May 13, 2013

Bourbon Chicken

Now here's a little recipe I've been wanting to try for awhile! I found this little jewel at All Recipes.com.

We have a restaurant here called "Golden Corral", and they serve Bourbon Chicken there. Let me tell you, that is some good chicken! Unfortunately, our nearest Golden Corral closed down.

So I've been bound and determined to get the recipe and give it a try.

 

Now I don't think my chicken taste just like theirs, but it is definitely good! And it's definitely worth a try! My family fell in love with it!

Hope you enjoy it, too!


Ingredients:

2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Cut into bite-size pieces)

1-2 T. Olive Oil

1-2 T. Minced Garlic

¼ t. Ginger

¾ t. Red Pepper Flakes

¼ cup of Apple Juice

1/3 cup of Brown Sugar

2 T. Ketchup

1 T. Cider Vinegar

½ cup of Water

1 T. Cornstarch (If thick sauce is desired; my family prefers it)


Directions:

1)Heat oil in a large skillet;

2)Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned;

3)Remove chicken;

4)Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.

5)Add chicken back to the mixture, and bring to a hard boil;

6)Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.

Serve over yellow or brown rice.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment